The new year only just begun, and maybe you are working again or still on holidays. Anyway, a lot of people use the change of the years to rethink some things of their daily routine or set themselves some goals. I usually do that several times a year, and I have here my 8 essentials that already proved themselves to reach my goals faster. May they be helpful for you, too!
1) FOCUS! With multitasking you will waist your energy on too many sites. Set yourself clear goals for the next 6-12 months and focus only on the things that are relevant to realize your plans. Prioritize your daily / weekly / monthly issues and try to reduce them to the ones that are helpful for your purposes.
2) DON’T BE AFRAID TO FAIL! Set yourself goals that are high but still reachable. Don’t lean back and „play safe“ with your decisions. You will end up in downtime sooner or later. Have the courage to try new ways, to experiment and find new solutions.
3) EXERCISE & WORK OUT on a regular basis. In the morning is usually the best time for that, you will start your day with a lot more energy. Place your yoga mat next to your bed, your jogging shoes on the way to the bathroom or whatever suits you. Exercise on a daily basis – even if it is only 5 minutes in the beginning. You can slowly extend your training period from week to week.
4) PLAN AND MEASURE YOUR SUCCESS. It doesn’t matter, if it is a paper notebook, a calendar or an app – note your goals for 3 different periods: what do I want to reach this week, this month and this year? Control your goals from time to time and see, if you are on the right track. I personally love the panda planner a lot:
5) POSITIVE THINKING. Eliminate everything that pulls you down. Don’t allow yourself to hang in a sad and negative mood. Try to stop those thoughts immediately as they appear and busy yourself thinking and acting with what makes you happy or leads to your happiness, even if it is only in the long term.
6) BE GRATELFUL. Note every morning what you are grateful for and why today will be a great day. Finish your day with the same ritual und be thankful about the good things that happened today.
7) GET MOTIVATED every single day. These Instagram accounts truly will turn also your slow days into productive ones:
Good luck to those going back to work today! It's a new year, a fresh start. Shake off 2016 and walk into 2017 with an attitude that can't be ignored. The only thing you have to lose are opportunities – so grab them 👩🏼⚕️👩🏻🌾🕵🏽♀️👷🏾♀️👩🏻🍳👩🏿🎓👩🏽🏫👩🏻🏭👩🏼💻👩🏽🔧👩🏿💼👩🏻🔬👩🏼🎨👩🏽🚒👩🏻✈️👩🏼⚖️👸🏽⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #newyear #positive #slay #girlboss #career #goals #careergoals #qotd #stylefeed #inspiration #advice #fashion #intern #careeradvice #careertips #beauty #blogger #bossbabe #girlgang #squadgoals #thecareersquad
8) ENJOY LIVE! Take time for your friends and family and plan your weekends and holidays. Instead of getting stuck while playing around with your smartphone, you will feel so much better if you go out for a walk, visit an exhibiton or whatever you need for a healthy work-life-balance!
What are your essentials for a happier day / year? Looking forward to hear from you,